Currently in Ohio, universal preschool is not mandated or government funded. Typically developing students attending Lakota’s preschool program pay tuition to attend. Additionally, Lakota is not required to offer a minimum number of seats to tuition-based students. The number of available tuition-based seats is dictated each year by Lakota’s roster of special education students requiring preschool services, including the staffing, type of classroom space and other resources required by their Individualized Education Plans as well as the number of students transitioning to kindergarten each year. Therefore, the number of tuition-based preschool seats can vary from one year to the next.
- Who is eligible for the tuition-based preschool program?
- How many tuition-based seats are available each year?
- How much is tuition?
- Does my tuition-based preschool student get transportation?
- How do I enroll in the tuition-based preschool option?
- Why was the lottery delayed for the 2022-2023 school year?
- Why does Lakota have a preschool program?
- Why does Lakota Preschool partner with the BCESC?
- What is the goal of an integrated special education program?
- Who provides guidance and regulations for preschool special education programs?
- Is Lakota's preschool program considered universal preschool programming?
- Why doesn't Lakota currently provide public preschool, or universal preschool, to all preschool-aged children residing in the Lakota district?
- What is the current definition of a general education preschool class?
- What is the definition of an integrated preschool class?
- What is the definition of a specialized special education classroom?
- Which school will my child attend?
- How many preschool classrooms does Lakota preschool have?
- Is Lakota's preschool program a full-day program? What are the school hours?
- Is a daily snack provided?
- Are school supplies required for preschoolers?
Each spring, Lakota preschool holds a lottery process to fill available tuition-based seats for the next school year. Applications are available for a limited time on the Welcome Center's Preschool Registration webpage.
Applications for the tuition-based program will not be accepted after the application time period has closed.